Date:      Tue, 14 May 2019 13:15:05 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [vm-bhyve] adding existing vm instances to the vm-bhyve system

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

tech-lists wrote:
>=20
> How would one import a freebsd or linux vm currently running on a
> freebsd-12 server into vm-bhyve management? I can see lots of
> instructions for starting from fresh, but none for import of existing.
> Is this possible?
>=20
> The guests are currently running as per
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/virtualization=
-host-bhyve.html
> in screen. Some guests are file-backed, others zvol-backed.

When I migrated a VM from one vm-bhyve installation to another (on a
different host), it was sufficient to "zfs send -R" the vm dataset on
the old host and "zfs receive" it on the new host under the $vm_dir.

--=20
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN