Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 1997 12:37:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Troy Settle <rewt@i-Plus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: de driver and 2.2.5 beta q's

Yes, you have someone else's mail quoted below, I'm EDT, not PDT...

Anyhow, I still see the same behaviour.  Cable is unplugged.  Cable is
plugged back in, and the link stays down.  Someone has to go to console
and type ifconfig de0 down, ifconfig de0 up...  The 3am patch doesn't have
this problem, yet it hasn't been integrated.

I don't mind patching this stuff up, but I'm curious as to why the fix
hasn't made it in.  I can only imagine the confusion this would cause
someone who is unaware of the problem.  I recall the Digital card was once
touted as "the" card to buy before the Intel got that label.  That's why I
bought 5 ;)

I'm happy to test, I've got three machines on the bench that I can cvsup
again today, and I'll plug and unplug til the sun goes down.

Thanks,

Charles