Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:40:48 -0400
From:      "Carolyn Longfoot" <c_longfoot@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: vm_page insert: already inserted?????

What is that panic caused by and how do I fix it? I'm on 4.6 RELEASE and a
dual CPU box, with a SMP kernel (of course).

The exact error is:
panic: vm_page_insert: already inserted
mp_lock = 01000001; cpuid = 1; lapic.id = 01000000
boot() called on cpu#1

This seems to happen every couple hours and only when I was at the console
did I catch the error because <ANNOYED>this error is not logged
anywhere</ANNOYED> and I went crazy looking through the logs to find out
what's going on.

Any ideas anybody?

Cheers,
Caro