Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 14:39:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeff Lynch <jeff@mercury.jorsm.com>
To:        Robert Hough <rch@iserve.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with daemons

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Robert Hough wrote:

> Trying to telnet into one machine, and I keep getting this error:
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libwrap.so.7" not found
>
> Can someone tell me what is wrong here. I thought maybe it was a shared
> library that got lost, but the file is there.

Not sure from this post if you're getting this locally from telnet client
from the remote telnetd. In either case, run ldd telnet(d) to be sure.
If you can locate libwrap, check it's perms, it may have been installed
with the wrong mask. We saw this on FBSD3.1R with the apache-php3-mysql
port.

--jeff

Jeffrey A. Lynch		| JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
email: jeff@jorsm.com		| 7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
Voice: (219)322-2180		| 100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
Autoresponse: info@jorsm.com	| Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com		| Serving Gov, Biz, Indivds Since 1995