Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 21:49:34 -0400
From:      David Banning <David@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   simple php script won't show in netscape

Sorry to be posting this again but I'm not getting anywhere.

My simple php script;

<head>
    <title>Example</title>
</head>
    <?php echo "Hi, I'm a PHP script!"; ?>

in /usr/David/php/test.php3

only executes a blank screen in netscape.
This error is following install.

As the manual says I checked to make sure

'AddType application/x-httpd-php4 .php' is in httpd.conf

Actually it was already there like so;

    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
        AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .php3s
    </IfModule>
    #
    # And for PHP 4.x, use:
    #
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    </IfModule>

The manual says to copy php3.ini-dist to /usr/local/lib/php3.ini
which I did - but I'm not sure if thats correct for FreeBSD.

I'm Using FreeBSD 4.0 Stable, and php3
httpd is running - so is mysqld

Any idea why it's not showing up in my browser?