Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:58:04 -0400
From:      Matt Juszczak <matt@atopia.net>
To:        clayton rollins <crollins666@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [from newbies] RE: IPFW2 + 4.10

Matt,

IPFW2 is not compiled into 4.10 by default. At a shell, type "man ipfw",
then a single forward slash (to bring up the search tool), then search
for STABLE a couple of times .... directions are in there....

Here it is anyway....

USING IPFW2 IN FreeBSD-STABLE
ipfw2 is standard in FreeBSD CURRENT, whereas FreeBSD STABLE still uses
ipfw1 unless the kernel is compiled with options IPFW2, and /sbin/ipfw
and /usr/lib/libalias are recompiled with -DIPFW2 and reinstalled (the
same effect can be achieved by adding IPFW2=TRUE to /etc/make.conf before
a buildworld).

Hope that helps,

Matt