Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:04:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: WindowMaker .63 port isnt building...

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Doug Barton wrote:

> 	I ran into exactly this problem as well. I have X 4.0.2 installed from
> ports, but in my case the culprit seemed to be the fact that I had freetype
> 1 installed already when I tried to build windowmaker. I deinstalled both
> freetype libs, installed freetype2 and then wm built just fine. Not too
> long thereafter I saw the commit message regarding this problem.

	Yes. Freetype2 was already installed. So I dont think thats it. Im
going to try your fix and deinstall both freetype ports and try WM again.

> 	Speaking of windowmaker problems, is wm core'ing for anyone else when
> changing themes or styles? It was doing it for me under 0.62, and it's
> still doing it with the new one. I don't change that stuff very often, but
> it's annoying all the same. I used to get crashes occasionally while
> starting an application from the dock too. That hasn't happened yet, but it
> never happened that frequently previously either....

	Not sure I have had that one. But I have had WM .62 (what im using
now) freeze on me. And im not sure why. But it likes to run away
occasionally. Weird stuff. It never used to do this before.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner@jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner@deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tommorow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"