Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:07:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        #Michael Class <michaelc@tmbbwmc.bbn.hp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Neomagic Sounddriver hangs HP OB4150

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, #Michael Class wrote:

> The Laptop is equipped with the following Neomagic-Chip:
> chip1: <NeoMagic MagicMedia 256AX Audio controller> irq 10 at device 0.1 on pci1
>
> The Stack-Backtrace looks exactly the same as the other mail mentioned. A
> little bit further digging into this shows me that on this Laptop every
> read access to the second memory-area of the chip in the range of 0x600-0x8ff
> brings the machine to a halt. I can read successfully from the areas with
> offset 0x0-0x5ff and 0x900-0xFFF. The Header-File states that the mixer-I/O
> Area starts at offset 0x600. This access brings the machine to a halt during
> boot.
>
> Any suggestions of what I could try?

Try providing us with real data. The boot message you gave us is when
pcisupport.c matches it, not when neomagic. matches it. It is impossible
to recieve the above message and then have the neomagic code fall on
its face.

--
- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -