Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2012 15:03:53 +0000
From:      Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org>
To:        Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] sema_wait_sig

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Oleksandr Tymoshenko
<gonzo@bluezbox.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any particular reason FreeBSD does not have sema_wait_sig
> function? It seems to be easily implementable using cv_wait_sig
> function.

The sema(9) primitive is considered obsolete/dying.
You should really use mtx + condvar (so just go using cv_wait_sig() directly).

I had a patch to remove it all from the kernel few years ago but I
never got to commit it.
It would be good if we can remove this primitive off before 10.0.

Thanks,
Attilio