Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:26:02 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To:        SADA Kenji <sada@rr.iij4u.or.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9796

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 07:02:45PM +0900, SADA Kenji wrote:
> :
> >> I'm still waiting for this patch to propogate to me...  It's been 36 hours.
> >> Please only close PR's after you've done the work, else they'll get lost.
>
> Have you ever checked out the CVS repository and see current status ?
> I've already fixed them before your PR's are delivered.
> Next time, I'll write ``State-Changed-Why'' more cleary.

Did you even look at my patch!!!  Do you think I submit problem reports for
fun!!!  And of course my tree is up to date.  That's why my PR says: "Really
fix libtool for 4.0-CURRENT."

You have *not* fixed any of the libtool ports for 4.0-CURRENT.  You don't
seem to even understand the problem.  Just searching and replacing
'freebsd3*' with 'freebsd3* | freebsd4*' in all the patches is not a fix.
You need an extra bit in the patch to enable shared library support for
freebsd4.

OK, as pointed out by Peter and others, my patch may not be the best way,
but if you don't know libtool, or understand how it works then don't try
fixing it.

Have you built any of your 'fixed' ports on a 4.0-CURRENT machine?  Ten
bucks says they don't generate shared libraries...  Look at the patches in
devel/libtool a bit more carefully too.

Please reopen these PR's and any others that you closed dealing with
libtool...

 -Jeremy

--
  |    If I was not so weak, if I was not so cold,
--+--  If I was not so scared of being broken, growing old,