Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 2002 08:23:38 +0900 (JST)
From:      chat95@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp (Nakata Maho)
To:        lance@babylon.chem.psu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Fortran Compiler?

Hello, Mr. Lance,
> I notice the following page refers to the availability of an Intel Fortran port, but I can't seem to find it in my /usr/ports (I just updated my ports (tag=RELENG_4) directory, so I must just be missing something.  Any insight would be great.

Thanks for showing interest for my send-pr!!

We think Intel Fortran Compiler is worth for porting
to FreeBSD!

Good points:
o Intel Fortran Compiler is highly optimizing compler
for Pentium III, Pentium IV. even athlon(as Pentium III)
o Always 20-30% faster and, especially for Pentium IV,
  2-3 times faster than gcc when use SSE2!!
o You can obtain freely for private or non commercial use.
  (See the lisence carefully)

Bad point:
o Unlike Intel C/C++ compiler, it doesn't produce FreeBSD
  native binary(it is not exact, if you use
  inline function or standard library, it is impossible,
  however if not, one may produce native object).
  So it requires linux_base-7

Time has passed since I made first port,
this is a newest one:
http://130.54.33.30/~maho/ifc-2002-6-22.tar.gz

FOR COMMITTERS,
Would you please take a look at my ports?
Again, IT IS A WORTH TO INCLUDE INTO FreeBSD PORTS TREE!

Thanks in advance,
 Nakata Maho