Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:41:54 +0900 (JST)
From:      Maho NAKATA <chat95@mac.com>
To:        kris@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Need for openoffice -RC ports

Hi,

From: Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Need for openoffice -RC ports
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:44:32 +0200

> Why do we still have the openoffice -RC ports?  Even one openoffice
> package puts an extreme load on the package cluster (let alone 6!), so
> I'd suggest they be disabled or removed if they are not currently
> useful.

openoffice.org-2-RC port has been marked as IGNORE.
2.4.2 is possible but I'm not sure so I just left as IGNORE.

openoffice.org-3-RC port will be marked as IGNORE soon.
I'll update to 3.0.0beta2, openoffice.org-3 port, and
then I'll mark as IGNORE the 3-RC.

openoffice.org-2-devel port has been marked as IGNORE, because
development has been moved to 3-devel.
and openoffice.org-3-devel port is active.

So now, we have six ports, three are marked as IGNORE.

>  Also perhaps one or both of the devel ports can be disabled
> until there is a significant need for it.

Yes, I ususally mark them as IGNORE if release branch is active.

Thanks,
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/