Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 23:02:47 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject:   Re: LOCALE stuff

In message <199504181645.SAA01532@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
    Christoph P. K. writes:

>I wanted to give the LOCALE stuff a try and was surprised that ls -l
>does not care about any LANG setting (I see that ctime/strftime have
>day/month names hardwired).

Time locale yet not implemented.

>Does anyone have a striking example showing that
>LANG=de_DE.ISO8859-1 does have any effect? I would expect that ls -l
>shows me country specific month/weekday names (like it does on a RS6000

It has effect for ctype and collate now. Feel free to implement
time stuff.

># Uncomment next line if you want to setup your 8-bit locale at program
>                                                                ^^^^^^^
>Shouldn't this be 'system startup' ?

System startup have another variables set in sysconfig.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -