Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:39:04 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Cameron Grant <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newpcm/kobj MFC

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 11:53:45PM -0000, Cameron Grant wrote:
> this is a followup to my proposal some weeks ago which recieved no releva=
nt
> commentary.

I'm also concerned about breaking binary compatibility. I understand
your reasons for wanting this, but we really shouldn't be breaking
binary compatibility in -stable. If we keep doing this then no third
party vendor is going to want to support drivers that they have to
update every few months.

Kris

--=20
NOTE: To fetch an updated copy of my GPG key which has not expired,
finger kris@FreeBSD.org

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H--