Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 02:27:41 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Eric Bullen <ericb@thedeepsky.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gphoto2 won't talk to a supported usb camera

Eric Bullen wrote:

>>Should that perhaps be "--port /dev/ugen0" or "--port usb:/dev/ugen0"
>>

>Unfortunately, even though I have /dev/ugen0*, the first option returns
>(while I am root):
>
>*** Error ***
>An error occurred in the io-library ('I/O problem'): Failed to open
>'/dev/ugen0' (m).
>*** Error ('I/O problem') ***

Hmmm, it would appear that "--port usb:/dev/ugen0" is the right option....

Are the permissions on /dev/ugen0 such that you can read and write to
it? Have you tried using gphoto2 as root?

What does "gphoto2 --list-ports" show?

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with this software, I'm just
trying to offer some general diagnostic help.

Andrew.