Date:      Tue, 07 Aug 2001 02:12:16 -0700
From:      Farooq Mela <fmela0@sm.socccd.cc.ca.us>
To:        FreeBSD-Multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fatal kernel trap w/mga.ko loaded when sysctl hw.dri vars read

Hi all,

So, I have DRI working like a charm with my G400 card with X 4.1.0 and
mga.ko on my FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE system. But, there is a problem:
sysctl -a or sysctl hw, or any other sysctl command which reads and
displays the hw.dri variables causes a fatal kernel panic when its
reading the tables of information about the driver. I don't suggest
you try this unless of course you dont mind your system having a fatal
kernel trap and rebooting. Anybody else experience this?

BTW, how is it possible to capture the fatal kernel trap message that
appears, that would be of much more helpful as a debugging aid..

--
farooq <fmela0@sm.socccd.cc.ca.us>