Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:40:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        suleyman@echonyc.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thanks to all: Netscape & XFree86 OK

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>Thanks, everybody for your help.

>I downloaded the latest XFree86 from XFree86.org, and downloaded the
>current Netscape4 port from FreeBSD.org, re-built the kernel to use
>SYSVSM, and installed.

>Everything is up and running. Netscape doesn't look as nice as it does on
>Windows95, but I hope to be able to fix that soon.

By "not as nice", do you mean

(a) graphics are not as nice, they are dithered when Win95 was pure colors, or

(b) the interface is not as nice; it looks weird.

If (a), the place to start with is probably your XF86 config; try to
get an accelerated server and a greater # of bits per pixel.

If (b), you may have to download the source and start hacking.
Meanwhile, console yourself by clicking with the middle mouse button
on links (the #1 advantage of the Unix versions of NS).

Hope this helps...
--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/