Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:35:06 -0800
From:      "FreeBSD" <freebsd@gtonet.net>
To:        "freebsd-chat@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: load spike strangeness

<snip>

> According to FreeBSD:
> > Since when does an E-mail address require a "realname"? Only a imbecile
>
> Since the beginning as a courtesy to readers.

Show me in the lists charters where it's "required."

> > (IMHO) would use their real name on an e-mail that goes out to a public
> > list. I don't want people to know my real name or SSN or any
> other personal
> > info for that matter, NOR is it required, as far as I know. If
> it were to
>
> I've been using my real name for years since I begun going on the
> Internet. I've never seen a reason not to.

Maybe you haven't read about the financial ruin of victims of identity
theft?

> > you also use you real full name on IRC? To quote "Mr. T": "I
> pity da f00!"
>
> Yes. No reason whatsoever to hide. Again courtesy.

Again, identity theft. Here in the U.S.A. it's a real problem and it DOES
happen. I cant speak for France, nor would I attempt to do so.

> Reply to -chat if you want, this is not really a security issue.
> --
> Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=-
> roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
> FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #77: Thu Dec 30 12:49:51 CET 1999

Anything else?

FreeBSD
freebsd@gtonet.net

"LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"