Date:      Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:24:58 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Old Way Was Better

Jason C. Wells wrote:

>I would like to cast my vote for returning to the old release method.
>Please don't call the next major version of FreeBSD a release until it is
>truly ready to be a release.

For what it's worth, I and a large number of other people I know would
agree. The 5.x releases so far have been VERY badly received with the
people I've spoken to and it's not done FBSD any favours. I seem to
remember something similar happening when we were all running 3.x boxes
and 4.x started getting releases, but nothing quite like this.

I hear a bikeshed rolling down the hill...

--
Paul Robinson