Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:15:39 +0530
From:      Steve <sprasadi@addr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing Ghostscript

Hi all,

I am trying to install ghostscript on a 4.6 stable machine in a user
account as the user himself. However, I am getting the following error
while doing so:

configure: error: I wasn't able to find a copy
   of the jpeg library. This is required for compiling
   ghostscript. Please download a copy of the source,
   e.g. from http://www.ijg.org/, unpack it at the
   top level of the gs source tree, and rename
   the directory to 'jpeg'.

So I tried to install the jpeg library by downloading it from the above
site. ./configure and make goes thorough without problems but make install
gives the following error:

%make install
/usr/bin/install -c cjpeg /"configure-path"/bin/cjpeg
install: /"configure-path"/bin/cjpeg: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /"configure-path".

when I check there is no bin directory created in the configure path. What
could be the reason for this?

Any help is welcome on this.

Best Regards,
Steve