Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:21:01 +0200
From:      Steve Mazerski <smazerski@yahoo.co.jp>
To:        "MET" <met@uberstats.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PHP Apache Assistance ~ like a moron

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 22:48, MET wrote:

(...)
> Here's what I've done so far.
>
> cd /usr/local/httpd-2.0.39
> ./configure --prefix=3D/usr/local/apache --enable-module=3Dall
> --with-mpm=3Dworker
> make
> make install
>
> cd /usr/local/php-4.2.2
> ./configure --with-apxs2=3D/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-mysql
> --with-xml --enable-ftp --enable-short-tags --enable-calendar
> --enable-track-vars --with-tsrm-pth
>
> make
> make install
>
> I then get a nice little PHP Liscense notice as well as a warning for
> register_globals being off.

I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like you are building=20
PHP as a DSO-module (i.e. dynamically loadable,=20
not statically compiled in). This is perfectly reasonable,
but...

> So I continue:
>
> ee /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
>
> I then append the line:    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

does Apache know about the PHP module? Somewhere in
the httpd.conf there should be two sections (can't recall
off-hand) where the modules-to-be-loaded are explictly
mentioned. You may need to add PHP in both.=20

HTH

S.Mazerski