Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:06:35 +0700 (ALMST)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where can I get ncplib ?

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> > > be enough of a carrot should we mention the lack of kernel SMB client
> > > support to Boris at some point in the future.
> >
> > Did you read my mind :)) About a month ago I'm start a work on
> > readonly (yet) smbfs.
>
> And to think the fools doubted my mind control lasers.
>
> (Actually, I have faith in Boris' ability to out-do himself when it comes
> to coding up random filesharing clients.  I'm fully expecting that in a

	Not random, it depends on my needs.

> few years he'll present us with DECnet or Vines or something equally

	Probably no. For write it I should have a reason and time to do
so.

> frightening.  Not that I'm exagerating about the lasers.)
>
> So, where can we start testing this read only SMB client?  :)

	Don't know, currently I'm have some problems with protocol
implementation, but if there is interest I'll post msg to this list when
fs become stable (it will support writes but not for paged IO).

--
Boris Popov
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/