Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 23:13:17 -0500
From:      "Alex Toushek " <toushek@canadiangeneral.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Migrating Server

I have a FreeBSD 4.0 server that i use for apache / unix shells. I need to move it to another server with different hardware. The existing server is IDE , the new one is SCSI. How do I do this without loosing data / and with out a lot of down time? I want the same config of everything and I do not want to reinstall / config all my services and user accounts. Please help me!!!! I have a hardware issue with the IDE server, i keep getting a core dump every 3 days or so, that is why I am moving it to a correct (Real IBM) server.

Alex