Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 2002 22:21:45 -0600
From:      Doug Poland <djp@polands.org>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Interest in diskless booting?

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 12:48:35PM +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> I was at a local installfext yesterday
> (http://installfest.auug.org.au/), and a number of people were
> interested in doing diskless booting, either for reasons of economy or
> reliability.  I'm currently about to finish the manuscript of the
> fourth edition of "The Complete FreeBSD", and I was wondering if there

Before I answer your question I'd like to thank you for your work on
the first 3 editions.  It helped me immeasurably in my efforts to learn
FreeBSD.  The book and it's well-worn pages sit prominently in my office.
I've been wondering and hoping there would be an update someday.  By
now I probably don't need it but will buy as soon as it's out.  Hopefully
my local book store will carry it and can demonstrate my support for this
find OS and organization.

> was enough interest in this topic for me to include it in the book.
> If *you* are interested, please let me know.  I'll make a decision
> depending on the amount of feedback I get.

definately!

--
Regards,
Doug