Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 09:46:33 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        habeeb <habeeb@exodus.slashx.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet card not working ; "couldn't map memory/ports"

On 02 August 2001 22:53 +0000 habeeb wrote,

> I have an A7V-133 motherboard.  When i try to install an ethernet card, it
> tells me:
>
> sis0: <NatSemi DP83815 10/100BaseTX> at device 12.0 on pci0
> sis0: couldn't map ports/memory
> device_probe_and_attach: sis0 attach returned 6

When I've seen this in the past, toggling the status of "Plug & Play O/S"
in the bios seemed to work (i.e. if it was on, set it to off, if it was
off, set it to on)... Footnote: I don't have any specific ISA PnP devices
or anything, so either setting didn't really have a lot to effect :)

-Kp