Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:05:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd and "external" addresses?

I'm working on trying to figure out a natd issue (if this isn't
the right place to bring this up, feel free to redirect..)

I've got two offices - connected via a VPN tunnel.

The natd process is running on the 10.0.0.x network.

And - we'd like to redirect telnet connections on a certain
port to a machine in the 10.1.0.x network.

What I've discovered is that a redirection to a machine in
the 10.0.0.x network is handled just fine, but from the
10.0.0.x network; I don't seem to be able to redirect to
a machine in the 10.1.0.x network...

The natd machine can ping the other machine just fine, so I'm
sure this isn't a route or VPN issue...

Does natd "check" somewhere regarding the target of the redirect?

	- Thanks! -
      - Dave Rivers -