Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:44:43 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Simara <simara@mail.cyberlink.com.pe>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Roadmap and Weak Spots - A regular SysAdmin perspective

Simara wrote:

> 1.Officially is there a roadmap? Where?

	There are a lot of topics discussed on the -current mailing list. The
current "big project" is improving the kernel threading. Other than that,
since this is a volunteer project people tend to work on what they want to.
Sometimes they announce it ahead of time, sometimes they don't. We like it
that way.

> 2. GUI besides X11 on the works? (I really like X11, just asking)

	No. Nor is there a need for one.

> 3. Talking about the auth protocols and communications add-ons just to point
> what is new in the OS, are there any long term projects that have something
> really new on the works?

	IPSEC and IPV6 aren't exciting enough for you? Those two are both huge
evolutionary steps in the growth of the internet. What other kinds of
"add-ons" are you looking for?

Doug