Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:41:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        Matthew King <revghost8@dingoblue.net.au>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports

At Fri, 6 Apr 2001 it looks like Mike Meyer composed:

mwm->After you've installed the cvsup-bin port, add the following to
mwm->/etc/make.conf:
mwm->
mwm->SUP_UPDATE=     yes
mwm->SUPHOST=        cvsup5.FreeBSD.org
mwm->SUP=            /usr/local/bin/cvsup
mwm->SUPFLAGS=       -g -L 2 -P -
mwm->PORTSSUPFILE=   /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
mwm->
mwm->changing the SUPHOST as appropriate. Then cd /usr/ports, and do "make
mwm->udpate".
mwm->

......... I finally have to ask this. As one who was completely
happy with package management using /usr/ports, I see I'm going to
have to switch over to the cvs*. Is this covered well in the
handbook or is there any other sources of docs ?

I know change is good but I still have drill bits that are 20 years
old and they work great, just keep them sharpened. ;>

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)