Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:35:08 +1000 (EST)
From:      Dale Clapperton <dale@tdce.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.4-PRERELEASE problems..

Hi all..

I've got two servers I've recently cvsupped to 4.4-PRERELEASE which are
encountering major problems.

The first and most severe is that a make installworld (on both boxes)
fails like so:

~~~~
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 644 isdn/isdnd_acct
/usr/share/examples/isdn/isdnd_acct
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 644 isdn/contrib/README
/usr/share/examples/isdn/contrib/README
install: /usr/share/examples/isdn/contrib/README: No such file or
directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/share/examples.
*** Error code 1
~~~~

I've tried all the usual steps to clear a transient problem, deleting the
/usr/obj heirachy, cvsupping again, waving a rubber chicken with a pulley
in the middle, nothing is working for me.

The second problem is that on one of the two boxes, named appears to be
extremely flakey, and has core dumped at least once daily for the past
several days.  This may or may not be an issue with 4.4-PRERELEASE as
such, but I'm mentioning it FWIW.

If anyone has any words of wisdom (besides "wait for RC1 to come out") I'd
appreciate hearing them..  I'd like to be able to revert these boxes to
4.3-STABLE until 4.4-RELEASE comes out, but I dont know how best to go
about this..

Thanks in advance

Dale
Dale Clapperton J.P. (Qualified)