Date:      Sat, 6 Jun 1998 20:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Brian <Brian@junkstuff.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd-rom

get net connected....
send a copy of the 'dmesg' outpu onto paper.
compare this with what's shown during the boot that can't find the cdrom.

of course it could just be that your SCSI adapter is being used by the
BIOS
for booting from the cdrom and is not supported
from freebsd itself. (which doesn't use the BIOS)

as you don't say what kind  of hardware it's kind of hard to
tell from here.  :-)

julian