Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:02:26 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Proliant ML350 w/ Smart Array 431

Hi folks,

I'm busy making sure that some systems I've been quoted on are going to
be well-supported by FreeBSD.  The systems are Compaq Proliant ML350
with Smart Array 431 SCSI RAID controllers and Intel EtherExpress-based
ethernet devices.

So far, all my digging through the archives suggests that everything's
going to be supported by 4.2-RELEASE (and obviously the upcoming
4.3-RELEASE).

However, I can't figure out whether I'll be using the mlx(4) driver or
the undocumented ida(4) driver.

Any help would, as always, be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sheldon.