Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:22:44 +0800
From:      "Lin Jui-Nan Eric" <ericlin.jnlin@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   nss_ldap: problem of running sudo

Dear,

     I have encounter a problem when I run sudo with nss_ldap. The sudo
program tells me that my password is wrong, but I can login with this
password.  After all, I found the problem is in ldap-pwd.c:

 if (getuid() != 0)
   {
               /* don't include password for non-root users */

After applied patches of ports system, the code showed above. But sudo does
not change the uid. It changes the euid only.
If I use geteuid() instead, sudo works well.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

            Jui-Nan