Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:06:35 +0200
From:      Enriko Groen <enriko.groen@netivity.nl>
To:        'Tony Saign' <tony@saignon.net>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Redundant setup on a budget??

I would suggest clustering the two machines...
Why leave a backup machine running all the time with nothing to do while it
could reduce the load on the first server?

A standby backup machine will most probably come up and then you discover
that it's configured badly or doesn't work and you didn't notice.

I'm also thinking of doing this... I'm in the same kind of situation...
Have no experience yet with clustering...
--
Enriko Groen, Hosting manager