Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:28:30 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Ivan Sychev <guffavedy@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD doesn't install from CDROM Creative Infra 54

Ivan Sychev wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have one question. Why FreeBSD don`t installing from my Creative
> CDROM(infra 54) 36x?
> Thank you.

Hi Ivan,

I assume (next time it would be nice you attach a dmesg output or some
details 'bout the hardware your question is related to) your CDROM is
an ATAPI CDROM, it's attached on the second channel an is jumpered as
slave.

If this is true, your computer configuration hits the ATAPI standards
which say (in other words): an ATAPI slave device is allowed only if
there is a master device on the same channel.

So FBSD install cannot work right in that case, because your system
lacks the standards.

If my assumtion is wrong, please re-sent your question using a mail
subject and submit a little more details, please.

Greeting,
Jens

>                     WBR, Ivan!

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/