Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 07:45:08 +0200
From:      Nils Holland <nils@daemon.tisys.org>
To:        Nathan Mace <nmace@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KMail or Evolution??

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 05:53:31PM -0400, Nathan Mace stood up and spoke:

> I've been a loyal Kmail user for years, but just today switched to
> Evolution to see what all the hype was about.  I'll need to use it for
> awhile before I decide for sure, but so far I really like it.  If you
> haven't tried it since it hit 1.0 give it a shot.  It's been really
> stable for me, and has quite a few features that Kmail lacks

Well, according to my personal opinion only, I have the feeling that
Evolution is aiming to be "more" than a mail client. I, however, don't
really need some all-in-one thing like MS Outlook. So, besides a short
look, I have not used Evolution yet.

As far as KMail goes, most users on my network are using it. As such, I've
often seen it. When I wanted try it for my personal mail needs, however, it
crashed as soon as I received mail after I had set up around 20 mail
filters. Seems that's too much for KMail ;-)

So, what I've basically been using for a long time and am still using today
is mutt. It's not a GUI client, but once configured, I have not found a
thing that gets me done with my mail any faster. For mail filtering, I use
procmail, and as my mail editor I have vim installed. Seems to be a really
well-working combination that I've really grown to like ;-)

Greetings
Nils

--

Nils Holland <nils@daemon.tisys.org>