Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:29:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Johnson <freebsd@spatula.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   fyi; thread dumps and -X:rs

Just FYI in case this helps someone else: if you start java with the -X:rs
switch, you won't be able to instigate a thread dump with a kill -3; the
kill -3 will just kill the process (or in some cases that I've observed,
throw it into an infinite loop of chaos and disaster).

This behaviour is probably correct and intentional, but threw me for a bit
of a loop when I was trying to figure out why I couldn't get a thread dump
out of Resin, so I thought I'd post it for the next person :-)

   Nick

--
"The aptly-named morons.org is an obscenity-laced screed..."
	-- Robert P. Lockwood, Catholic League director of research