Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 13:33:21 +0200
From:      Buki <dev@null.cz>
To:        Shawn Walker <shawn@eblend.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote Upgrade

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 11:54:07PM -0400, Shawn Walker wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I currently have a box running 4.1-RELEASE.  It is not possible for me
> to gain physical access to the box, so I was wondering if it is possible to
> upgrade the box remotely.  I have looked at the instructions in the handbook
> and in /usr/src/UPDATING, but there is some mention of a few steps that
> should be completed in single user mode.  Is it possible to do this
> remotely?

works for me just fine, but there is a risk. First make sure noone else is
using the box (and possibly interfere with you/make). Than make sure your
kernel config has all the devices needed to boot. Than pray and install,
mergemaster and reboot :-)

Buki

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Shawn Walker
> shawn@eblend.org <-----> http://www.eblend.org/
>
> "In rural areas, we're not going to have full coverage until cows talk."
>     -- Dan Dan Wilinsky, Sprint PCS

PGP public key: http://dev.null.cz/buki.asc

		/"\
		\ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign