Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:33:19 +0200
From:      David Rio <drio@perpels.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Branches new doc?

Hi all:

I thought I have already understood the FreeBSD source control system
but during this days I have discover that I was wrong.

Normally I use FreeBSD on production machines so I install 4.7 or 4.8.
Finally I decided to install FreeBSD on my new laptop and I thougth
that 5.1 would be the best option.
After install it, I wanted to update the sources against the central
repository. I thought, what will be the best branch to follow for me?
-STABLE. But after some readings I discovered that there is no such
Branch for 5.1. So if I install 5.1 I just can follow -CURRENT or
the patch branch.
After travel against the central repository using cvsweb, I realize
that there are branchs that I didn't know about.

So, in conclusion, don't you think there is a lack of documentation
about this topic? If not, please point me to the rigth documentation
because it is crucial for me to understand all about this topic.

Thanks and apologize if this is not the right place to put this.