Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:43:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      Jan Richling <richling@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend/Resume problems with Thinkpad 240

Hello,

first, thanks for the answers.

Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> There is no -STABLE for the 5.x series yet, so that means that things
> will continue to be UNstable for some time.

I know. This is no problem but running CURRENT gives the chance to
support development by testing and maybe more.

> I saw a recent ACPI commit that might address the problem though.

The version I tried was cvsup-downloaded at March 22, but I do regular
updates and retry.

G.E. Rafe wrote:

> While looking at the USB resume problem (had it here, too),
> I found that compiling a kernel with "option USB_DEBUG",
> then enabling kernel debug messages on uhci with
> "sysctl hw.usb.uhci.debug=1" brings USB back every time.

Thanks for the hint - I just rebuilt the kernel and tested this.
Unfurtunable, it does not change the behavior on my machine. I think
this has something to do with the fact that the OS in my case does not
recognise the resume because it is a a BIOS function with APM disabled.

Greetings,

Jan

  / Jan Richling - http://www.richling.de - eMail: jan@richling.de /
 / Member of Computer Architecture and Communication Group -      /
/ Department of Computer Science - Humboldt University Berlin    /