Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:56:01 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander <amour@bugs.elitsat.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, <freebsd-install@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SIS 900 on board, FreeBSD 4.7

Hello,

yesterday I've downloaded fbsd 4.7 iso and tried to boot on my laptop.
All was going well until the kernel started probing for my ethernet card
(which is SIS 900).
It recognized it as SIS 900 and it said "MII without PHY!" and rebooted.

I've looked around in the mailing list archive and found so far that this
was fixed in FBSD 4.5-STABLE !?

Please help me ! If you can give me a kernel patch or a fix to this
problem, I'll be glad to have it !

Disabling the NIC is not a solution.

P.S. I'm not subscribed for the mailing list so please include my email
when replying.

thanks