Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:58:28 -0500
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>, GLOBALLINK2001@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-VS-Linux---Some Venting from Linux's side!

You know, everybody says this, that Linux uses the FreeBSD tcp/ip stack
and other things, but no one seems to verify it.  Has anyone actually
looked into the code?  It shouldn't be very hard to grep through the
code and see.  If they don't mention the copyright and they use the
code, then that's illegal, and I can't picture them doing that, they're
quite serious about their GPL, and it's implications.
	If they didn't actually use any of the code, but instead rewrote
similiar stuff, then they didn't really steal it.  At that point that's
no different from any other code that gets shared between the projects.

						Tim