Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:37:41 +0300
From:      Dima Sivachenko <demon@gpad.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with PPP configuration

I am setting up user ppp to act as server. I followed the procedure
described in FreeBSD Handbook. Everythink seems to be allright, but
the only problem does exist: if connection fails ( due to noice in
telephone
line or I kill it by hands on the client machine), then ppp process
which runs on server doesn't die and
continue to run for unlimited time. Due to it new getty process is not
spawned
and new calls to modem are not accepted.
How should I configure ppp to die if connection fails?

Thank you in advance,
Dima.