Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 09:16:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      winterg@os2bbs.com (Gib Winter)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem compiling the latest -stable

To start off, I'd like to commend everyone working on the -stable tree (heck
on all of FreeBSD), but especially during the latest -stable hiccup. (I
think -stable is the greatest idea since sliced bread - but understand the
workload problem.)

Now on to my troubles:

Unfortunately, I'm a relatively new FreeBSD convert and my first sup
of the -stable tree was on June 2nd.  I've gotten updates every day in
the hopes that I will eventually get a "make world" to complete without
error.  My latest sup was yesterday afternoon (6 Jun) and I made it all
the way to the following error:

>cc -O -I/usr/src/usr.bin/dig/../../usr.sbin/nslookup    -o dig dig.o
debug.o lis
>t.o send.o subr.o
>debug.o: Undefined symbol `_iso_ntoa' referenced from text segment
>list.o: Undefined symbol `_iso_ntoa' referenced from text segment
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop.
>/usr/src/usr.bin/dig#

Actually, this is a re-enactment of the error for demo purposes (I just
typed make in the dig directory (compiling NSLOOKUP also gives me the same
errors).

I looked at the list.c and debug.c files and found a define for netiso/iso.h
that includes the offending reference(iso_ntoa), but my C is so rusty I
wouldn't know the problem if it bit me (I was hoping for the obvious).

Any help is greatly appreciated.