Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:26:18 -0600
From:      "Samuel Chow" <cyschow@shaw.ca>
To:        "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@skyrunner.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: updating by copying /usr/obj and /usr/src not working

> I used to be able to update systems by making world on a fast machine,
then
> copying the /usr/obj and /usr/src that resulted from that update directly
> other slower systems and just doing a make installworld and make
> installkernel.
>
> Recently however, when I attempt this, the install fails with something
> about problems in the /usr/lib dir (I think).

    You should still be able to do that.  I routinely
    NFS mount /usr/src and /usr/obj from my build box
    to installworld and installkernel.  You might want
    to show your error messages so that other to help
    you with the problem.

---
Samuel Chow
cyschow@shaw.ca

This message is displayed using recycled electrons.
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)