Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:18:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hodge Podge <nicole@unixgirl.com>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
Cc:        Michael VanLoon <MichaelV@edifecs.com>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, Marc Rassbach <marc@milestonerdl.com>, Lawrence Farr <freebsd-hw@sixforty.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: 3ware stuff not ready for heavy duty useage-Ah ha

On 23-Aug-01 Darryl Okahata wrote:
> Hodge Podge <nicole@unixgirl.com>
>
>>  Who knows.. maybe that was enough to woogle the power supply, maybe its a
>>  Vi
>> Chipset interaction problem...  The bugger is what to do abt it?
>
>      Oh, jeez.  Aaron's hit upon a definite possibility.  Check out your
> motherboards ASAP: motherboards using the VIA KT133A/KT133 chipset with
> the VIA 686B Southbridge can get data corruption problems with high PCI
> traffic (I *think* this can affect 3ware cards, but I'm not 100% sure).
> For more info, see:

 Well Yea.. Thst fits us to a tee.. LOTS of data passing through the PCI buss.
But I'm not sure how that would effect the rebuilding problems we had or why it
would cause the card to think there is a drive problem. But its something to
try.

 Several others privately have said that they have seen lots of failures in
drives and or cards within abt 72 Hrs of testing or burn-in. After that however
they seemed to work without much incident.  So.. Thats fits us too.

 And now we want another shrubbery.....

  Nicole

>       http://www.au-ja.de/review-kt133a-1-en.html
>
> --
>       Darryl Okahata
>       darrylo@soco.agilent.com
>
> DISCLAIMER: this message is the author's personal opinion and does not
> constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Agilent Technologies, or
> of the little green men that have been following him all day.

   *    Nicole Harrington | AKA Hodge Podge          *
  nicole@unixgirl.com           http://www.unixgirl.com/
  webmistress@dangermouse.org   http://www.dangermouse.org/
  nicole@deviantimages.com      http://www.deviantimages.com/