Date:      Fri, 23 Oct 1998 17:37:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Sean T. Lamont   .lost." <zeno@serv.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   All-encompassing alias

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to alias a freebsd box to respond to ALL IP#'s
except its broadcast address?

Why would I want to do this? I want to have a given IP address push data off onto
a dummy server. Specifically, I want to take suspended accounts and drop them on
a 'pay us, please' web page instead of the one they actually requested. I know
precisely how to do this on the cisco side with policy routing, but I'm trying
to figure out how to do this on the host side.  I think this is a similar approach
to transparent proxying with squid, as well.

Thanks.

Sean T. Lamont, President / Chief NetNerd, Abstract Software, Inc. (ServNet)
Seattle - Bellingham - Vancouver - Portland - Everett - Tacoma - Bremerton
email: lamont@abstractsoft.com              WWW:  http://www.serv.net
"...There's no moral, it's just a lot of stuff that happens". - H. Simpson