Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:30:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      pc@akk.uni-karlsruhe.de
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/3759: xtem-5.23 (X11 TEx Menu) port submitted (new and only almost perfect ;-))

>Number:         3759
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       xtem-5.23 (X11 TEx Menu) port submitted (new and only almost perfect ;-))
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        Port: xtem-5.23 / OS: FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE i386
>Environment:

This is what it's all about (pkg/DESCR):

       The manpage says: "(...)

       xtem - TeX menu for the X Window System

       xtem  is  an  X11  program  that  makes it easy to use TeX
       (incl. editing, previewing, printer  selection,  printing,
       spell checking etc.)  with a minimum of unix knowledge and
       no knowledge of the specific installation.

       Syntax help to  the  LaTeX  commands  (including  complete
       examples) are presented during editing.

       xtem  runs on workstations (and X-terminals) running the X
       Window System and Tcl/Tk/TclX.

       The user may easily select and save his preferences  (such
       as editor, previewer etc.).

       (...)"

       Buttons,  help texts, etc.  can be set to the  user's pre-
       ferred  language.  At the  moment the  following languages
       are already available:  English and German  (Others can be
       added "easily" by editing the helpfiles accordingly).

                        Peter Cornelius <pc@akk.uni-karlsruhe.de>

These are the problems that I could not solve (.TODO):

Dear FreeBSD portsmaster(s),

this is my first port. So I did (and do) have some problems with it.
In particular, I don't seem to get into my pocketfull of straw how
diff/patch works. It just won't go in. Dunno why.

But anyhow, the port seems to work now, so to say be in a state that
satisfies me, and I will render it to you. These are the problems that
persisted, maybe you can help:

*) fix PLIST to remove directories as well.
*) include distribution patches.
*) check whether there's a more appropiate place to go rather than
   ${PREFIX}/lib/ (i. e. other than /usr/local/lib) - ask FreeBSD crew.

Thanks a lot, and maybe it'll be of use to some of you.

Saludos,

Peter.                        Peter Cornelius <pc@akk.uni-karlsruhe.de>

I hope I got this right now... (sweat...).

Cheers, Peter.