Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2017 16:27:01 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <freebsd.ed.lists@sumeritec.com>
To:        Elof Huang <elof.huang@runbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the difference between online handbook and physical copies?

Hi,

On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 13:54:20 +0800
Elof Huang <elof.huang@runbox.com> wrote:

> The *Official* handbook on the project site has already covered
> everything?

there is a delay between implementing the software and updating the
handbook. Using the handbook in connection with man is in my opinion
the best option. For the rest, just ask on one of the mailing lists.

When I moved back to BSD years ago, I went to my local bookshop and
bought some of the books available there. This has had the advantage
for me that the authors used their own language describing features of
FreeBSD. The handbook is some times very abstract making it difficult
for beginners.

Erich