Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:44:07 +0200
From:      Jens Trzaska <j_trzaska@gmx.net>
To:        "Viren R.Shah" <viren@cigital.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rbe-100 RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100 not runnig on current?

"Viren R.Shah" wrote:

>  Jens> Hi!
>  Jens> I'm trying to use -current on my notebook with a Xircom RealPort
>  Jens> CardBus Ethernet 10/100 rbe-100. Is this card not supported? I tried the
>  Jens> NEWCARD kernel and a modified GENERIC. My old pcmcia card works
>  Jens> fine in both configurations. Is the rbe-100 not yet supported or is
>  Jens> it perhaps a general cardbus problem on my notebook?
>
> I haven't been able to get mine to work, but then currently I'm using
> a hack to the pccbb driver to get it to recognize my Cardbus
> controllers, so I don't know whether that's a problem with me not
> doing everything correctly (ver very likely) or the Realport device id
> not being in the driver.
>
>  Jens> /var/log/messages when inserting an removing the card:
>
> I get the same type of messages.

I also think that it may be a problem with my controller and the
cardbus driver. Even if the card is not supported it schould give a
card-id and vendor-id or something like that amoung the messages.
I thought that an old cirrus logic controller can't be a problem...
So there are two ways. Back to pcmcia again or give OpenBSD or NetBSD
a chance. *g*

Jens