Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 02:20:44 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        David Dooley <dpd@raffles-it.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make options

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 09:34:48AM +0000, David Dooley wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I am wondering what options are available to make in the ports tree and w=
here=20
> I can find out about them, not package spefic options just the general on=
es=20
> like
>=20
> make fetch
> make extract
> make all
> make install all
>=20
> This is just a curiosity on my part. I have had a look at some of the por=
ts=20
> make files and they don't even have the options I mention above in them, =
so=20
> they have to be comming from somewhere else.

/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk

The "install all" target just means "do both 'install' and 'all'".  So
this doesn't make much sense - the 'all' target builds the port, and
install installs it, so you don't need to do the 'all' afterwards
(it's already built, so does nothing).  If you haven't already built
the port, then a target like 'install' will do the earlier steps like
fetching and building if they have not already been done.

Kris

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--